Aesthetic Movement ebonised cabinet, late 19th Century
- Finely detailed ebonised cabinet.
- Walnut carved door panels and gallery with walnut turnings.
- Glazed doors with shelves behind, flanked by mirror backed corner shelves.
- Walnut turnings to lower section, three mirror backed shelves to each side.
- Brass hinges and key present.
- Very good original condition.
W: 120cm | D: 37cm | H: 175cm
An attractively detailed Aesthetic movement cabinet, the nicely carved panels and brass hinges contrasting with original ebonised surfaces. The multiple mirrors bring light and focus to an interior. The Aesthetic Movement of the 1870s & 80s was a reaction against Victorian mass production, and a precursor to Art & Crafts, embracing Japonisme and often featuring motifs of nature.
Displayed with original paintings by Lindsey Hambleton;